How to create your profile on Up portal
Once you log into your portal, there are some things that need to be done. Here’s a video tutorial below.
How to change your UP portal password
In a situation where you cannot remember your password, you are allowed to use the UP selfservice functionality for creating a new password.
To change password, click on the “Change Password” link on the student portal homepage.
The application only allows you to create and store a new password if you’ve answered the “challenge questions” correctly (one of those questions earlier selected and answered as you must have seen in the video above).
You are allowed to change your password at any time. Students are advised to change their passwords at least every sixty days. The most recently stored password will always be used for user authentication.
Each time you sign on to UP Portal, the system checks when you last changed your Portal password. If your last password change was more than 60 days ago, the system will then remind you that a change of password is overdue.
Although the system allows you to sign on to UP Portal without a password change, every student is obliged to do so
UP password policy
When resetting your password, you must follow the following rules;
- The minimum total number of characters in the password must be: 8
- The maximum total number of characters in the password must not exceed: 25
- The minimum number of numeric characters in the password must be: 1
- The minimum number of alphabetic characters (upper or lower case) in the password must be: 2
- The minimum number of upper case alphabetic characters in the password must be: 1
- The minimum number of lower case alphabetic characters in the password must be: 1
- The maximum age of the password (in days) is: 60
- The number of previous passwords not allowed: 1
- You will be warned after (days) has passed: 1
UP student portal helpdesk
Report any problem you experience to the “Student HelpDesk”.
- Approach the assistants at the Helpdesks that are typically adjacent to the Student Computer Laboratories (in IT Building, NW2, CBTetc).
- Visit the Open Labs situated in the Informatorium Building, for reporting the problem at the offices of “Student HelpDesk”.
- Call: 012 420-3837
- Email: [email protected]