As the only institution in the world named after the inspiring revolutionary, political leader, and philanthropist Nelson Mandela, Nelson Mandela University (formerly known as Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University) is a school that is committed to its students, innovation within academia, and social change. With an emphasis on community and growth, NMU and its students are paving the way when it comes to leadership in creating a sustainable future for all. For prospective students, continue reading to learn about the 2022 Prospectus as well as how to track your application status online.
How to Access NMU Prospectus
As a student who is embarking on their post-secondary career, we can imagine you’ll have received a lot of new information as of late – new terms to learn, new dates to remember, new forms to fill out. As such, you might be wondering – what is a Prospectus? Well, let us tell you! The Nelson Mandela Prospectus for 2022 includes all the information you could possibly need in order to successfully apply to be a prospective student at NMU as well as information regarding what a student at NMU can expect in terms of both academics and student life. There is a lot to know and many perks to learn about, so why wouldn’t you want to know about the Prospectus and where to find it?
We’ll give you a quick rundown of what the 2022 Prospectus includes:
- Admission requirements
- Registration dates
- Application dates, both opening and closing
- Outline of fees
- Information regarding all the individual faculties and programs
- A diary and handbook
- Brochure of the university
- Individual and specific admission requirements per program
Prospective students can also expect to find the following information within the 2022 Prospectus:
- Individual course information
- Background information on your future professors – get to know them early!
- Alumni, you may have heard of – after all, Nelson Mandela University is shaping the future and creating leaders.
- Campus information! You’ll be spending lots of time here, and the Prospectus will let you know just how excited you need to be (hint: very excited!)
- Contact information – if you still have questions after reading through the Prospectus, they’ll let you know who to contact and how
The Prospectus can be sent to both undergraduate and postgraduate students of Nelson Mandela University, and believe us, the information they contain is not something you’ll want to miss out on. It is sent out to prospective students to provide them with exactly the right information they might need or want and will surely convince you as to why Nelson Mandela University is the institution you should be calling home for the duration of your post-secondary studies.
The Prospectus can be found both online and as a paper copy. To find it online once it is made available, follow these steps:
- Visit www.mandela.ac.za
- Click ‘Study @ Mandela’, which is located at the top of the page
- Scroll down, and hit ‘Discovery.’
- From there, you’ll find ‘Quick Guides’
- On this page, you’ll find the 2021 Prospectus. Once the 2022 Prospectus is uploaded, you’ll find it here as well, but if you want more of an idea as to what it will contain, we recommend checking out the 2021 copy as well.
Regarding an offline copy or even if you just have more questions, you can reach out to Nelson Mandela University via email: email@example.com, or via telephone: 041 504 1111
How to check NMU application status:
While both online applications and traditional hardcopy applications are available for prospective students of Nelson Mandela University, there is a definite benefit to applying online, and that is the fact that you can check the status of your application online as well! Want to learn how? Continue reading!
- After applying, you can expect to hear from the university within a few days. If you apply closer to the closing period, this can take longer, so it’s best to get your application in as soon as possible!
- Via the admissions dashboard (https://www.mandela.ac.za/Study-at-Mandela/Admission/Admission-dashboard), you can check the status of your application.
- This will require the login information you were given when first applying, so make sure you have this at the ready! It should be in the Inbox of the email you provided when applying.
- Once logged in, you can check your application status from here – it’s recommended that you track it often to ensure you don’t miss any updates.
And… That’s all! Super easy, wasn’t it?
Good luck with your applications!