Located in the beautiful capital city of Pretoria, the University of Pretoria is a gem to be found in South Africa. They are an institution which is recognised internationally, placing amongst the top 1.9% amongst other institutions worldwide. The University of Pretoria is a place where students have opportunities at their fingertips, with many resources and connections available to be made. With an emphasis on community and leadership, this school allows for the cultivation of lifelong learning. Their mission statement is as follows: “to be a leading research‐intensive university in Africa, recognised internationally for its quality, relevance and impact, as also for developing people, creating knowledge, and making a difference locally and globally.” At the University of Pretoria, students will find themselves in an environment which allows them to flourish and thrive, backed up by their peers and professors to be armed with the dedication and innovation to make waves in the world.
If you are a prospective student at the University of Pretoria, continue reading to find out about the 2022 Prospectus, as well as how to track your online application status.
How To Access TUKS Prospectus
Regardless of if you are an undergraduate or postgraduate student looking to embark on an academic journey at the University of Pretoria, the 2022 Prospectus is what you should be keeping an eye out for.
Jam-packed with all of the details you could possibly need, this guide tells you all about admission processes, applications and their dates, the various faculties, course outlines and offerings, contact details for those extra or last-minute questions you may have, and even information about the student life on campus! Want to know more? Well, let us tell you – the Prospectus for University of Pretoria is special in the sense that it is specific. Each faculty has their own information brochure, which can be found by visiting their website. Follow these quick and easy steps to find the information guide that applies to you:
- Visit their website www.up.ac.za
- Click on the ‘About UP’ tab, and choose ‘Faculties’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose the faculty that applies to you. UP has 9 different faculties, which are: Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment, and Information Technology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Faculty of Humanities, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Theology, and the Faculty of Veterinary Science.
- On each faculty’s respective page, you can find the individual information brochures by going to the ‘Students’ section.
However, if you also want a more general information guide, it’s even easier to find!
- Visit www.up.ac.zaFrom here, you can search ‘Prospectus’ in the search bar at the top right of the page.
- Currently, they only have the 2021 Prospectus uploaded. It is labelled ‘Undergraduate programme information 2021’ or ‘Graduate programme information 2021.’ To get an idea of what the 2022 Prospectus can include, we recommend giving these a read
- However, keep checking back for the 2022 Prospectus to be released.
This brochure will include helpful information and tips on getting settled into your life as a University of Pretoria student. The information is priceless, so you would be doing yourself a favour to read through these – and it doesn’t hurt to get yourself a little excited, too!
Keep an eye out for the 2022 Prospectus!
How to Check TUKS Application Status:
Submitting applications can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. With the University of Pretoria, you can check the status of your online application by following these few easy steps:
- Visit www.up.ac.za
- From here, select ‘UPOnline’ and then ‘UPOnline application status.’
- Here, you will see a detailed breakdown of how to apply. The steps include setting up a profile on the Student Portal, for which you will need to create an account with a username and password – make note of these somewhere safe!
- Once this is done, visit the UP Portal and then click on ‘Student Centre’ to view your application’s status.
And that’s it! The process is designed to be easy, so we don’t doubt you’ll find it to be a breeze. However, if you have any additional questions or require further clarification, the University of Pretoria is there to support you. You can reach out to them via phone or email.
They have two different phone numbers where they can be reached. For students within South Africa, you call toll-free at 080 023 3720. For International students, call +27 12 140 0041.
Good luck with applications and admissions!