The job market is getting saturated annually with graduates in different fields of life. Millions of engineers, doctors, lawyers, chauffeurs, etc are seeking jobs to take care of their basic needs and more. What’s interesting is that despite the coming of the internet, finding credible job opportunities to apply to is not a piece of cake. Many fraudsters post fake job opportunities just to take your personal information. That is why the Gauteng Provincial Government stepped up to help people access job opportunities and increase their chances of being gainfully employed.
About GPG Professional Job Centre
The Gauteng Provincial Government (GPG) Professional Job Center is an online platform that is meant to attract and keep highly skilled professionals in different sectors. These people will be employed based on their level of dedication, work ethic, and skill level. The GPG uses the website to advertise available job vacancies in any field. The website is accessible to all and sundry to view the available jobs at no cost. However, you need to have a profile that is registered on the website before applying to any of the jobs.
It aims to reduce the rate of unemployment, provide equal opportunities for South Africans irrespective of colour, race, religion, or political affiliation to have access to jobs. It also seeks to refine the skills and qualifications of all those registered on the platform. You have to register with the website if you want to apply for jobs.
GPG Basic Requirements
Every job has requirements that are specific to it. Do well to check the requirements for whatever job you are applying to and upload all the documents.
- You must be a South African national.
- A certified Grade 12 certificate to serve as proof of completion of that level.
- A valid email address and a password that is easy to remember yet difficult for someone else to guess.
- You should not have a criminal record (an ex-felon).
- A certified true copy of your South Africa ID card.
- A certified true copy of your matric certificate.
- Certified true copies of your qualifications.
Certified true copies of your documents/qualifications should not be more than 3 months old.
How to register to GPG
- Visit the GPG Professional Job Center website at https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/.
- Then click on the ’Register Profile’ which is located on the top left side of the webpage.
- Enter your first name and surname.
- Next, enter your telephone number and cellphone number
- Enter your email address and password.
- Next, confirm your password in the box.
- Input your Username (SA ID number or passport number).
- Choose a security question and input the security answer in the space. This is an important step because it will come in handy if you forget your password and need to reset it.
- Carefully go through the information you provided at every step to correct errors.
- Click ‘Save and Continue’.
How to apply for a Job on GPG
- Visit the GPG professional job center https://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ - ADVERTISEMENT -
- Log in to your account using your ID/passport number and password.
- Next, use the search bar to look for job vacancies within a certain department.
- You can also ‘Browse Jobs’ to search for job vacancies. It allows you to search per department.
- The results will show you available jobs, the yearly salary, the closing dates, and the reference number for each job vacancy.
- Next, click ‘View’ to see the specific requirement of the job vacancy.
- Click ‘Apply’ and fill the application form with all the information required of you. The form is lengthy but worth the while if you truly need the job.
- The last phase of your application is to click ‘Submit’.
- The system will send you an SMS or email with your unique reference number. This shows that your application was successful.
- GPG professional job center does not consider late applications so do well to apply on or before the date limit.
- Ensure that you upload all required documents during your application phase.
- Only apply for a job when you are sure that your skills and qualifications are in line with what the job requires.
- You are supposed to receive feedback about your application within 3 months. If not, then your application was rejected.
GPG professional job center posts available positions in various domains weekly. Here is a list of job vacancies, salaries, and the closing date for applications.
|Vacancy||Salary range||Closing date|
|1||Deputy Director: Audit Management||R733,257||16/07/2021|
|2||Assistant Director: Museums and Monuments||R376,596||16/07/2021|
|3||Deputy Director: Creative clusters and communities||R733,257||16/07/2021|
|4||Deputy director: Visual arts, craft, and design industries||R733,257||16/07/2021|
|5||Deputy Director: Strategic partnership||R733,257||16/07/2021|
|6||Deputy Director: Security management and office admin||R733,257||16/07/2021|
|8||Ward based primary health care outreach teams community health worker||R102,534||16/07/2021|
|9||Operational manager of Micheal Maponya Clinic||R562,800||16/07/2021|
|10||Assistant director (facility manager)||R379,596 to R443,601||16/07/2021|
|11||Chief radiographer Grade 1||R446,119||16/07/2021|
|12||Senior food service supervisor||R145,281||16/07/2021|
|14||Medical specialist Grade 1 – 3||R1,106,040 to R1,173,900||23/07/2021|
|15||Head of clinical unit Grade 1||R1,728,807 to R1,834,890||23/07/2021|
|16||Operational manager (Art clinical mentor)||R444,276 to R500,031||23/07/2021|
|17||Administration Clerk (SCM)||R173,703||23/07/2021|
|18||Professional nurse (WBOT)||R256,905 to R297,825||23/07/2021|
|19||Deputy director – research||R733,257||23/07/2021|
|20||Deputy director – policy||R733,257||23/07/2021|
|21||Medical specialist Grade 1, 2, and 3 (Histopathologist)||Grade 1: R1,106,040Grade 2: R1,624,623Grade 3: R1,467,651||30/07/2021|
For inquiries, reach GPG Professional Job Center for assistance by:
Phone: 011 689 5000
Address: 75 Fox Street, Marshalltown Johannesburg 2000