How To Register With Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator
Youth unemployment is one of the major causes of hardship and poverty in the world. While some youths are unemployed because they do not have the necessary qualifications, others who have them are unemployed because they do not have access to job opportunities. They are unaware of the periods when companies have vacancies and so only apply when the portal is closed, and they end up stranded.
Other youths keep moving from one temporary job to another because they find it almost impossible to be gainfully employed at permanent jobs. This is a major cause for concern because unemployed youth are often unproductive to society and may engage in criminal activities to feed themselves. However, individuals, governments, religious bodies, and other organizations like Harambee are bridging the gap between job opportunities and youths who are willing to work.
This article discusses Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator, how to register, and the available job opportunities for youths.
What is the Harambee youth employment accelerator?
Harambee youth employment accelerator is a non-profit social enterprise that works with the government, other civil society organizations, the private sector, etc., to promote economic growth through youth employment. Harambee was founded in 2011 and has since proven that it deserves a seat among other change-makers worldwide by securing more than 2600 jobs for youths.
Harambee has received the Skoll award for being one of the organizations that are actively addressing one of the world’s pressing issues. Harambee is currently working with about 1 million young people to build sustainable systems that will combat unemployment in the African continent. They are breaking barriers, finding opportunities, and connecting youths to these opportunities after training them.
Harambee sources out individuals who have less than one year of working experience to train them and help them gain permanent employment at entry-level jobs. These people are usually Grade 12 leavers with no other certificate to their name, making it difficult for them to find stable jobs. Harambee partners with other companies to provide these jobs and reduce the rate of unemployment among youths in South Africa.
Harambee works with SAyouth to give youths access to permanent job opportunities and training opportunities in preparation for employment. Therefore, wherever you see Sayouyh in this article, know that it is not different from Harambee.
- You need to be a South African national or have a valid work permit.
- Own a Grade 12 matric certificate.
- Between 18 to 34years old.
- You have not been employed at a permanent job within the last year.
- Currently unemployed.
How to Register to Harambee
- Visit https://sayouth.mobi/ to register on the SA youth platform. Haram bee manages the site.
- Fill in your information in the order that the system requires. This includes your first name, middle name, and last name.
- Enter your RSA ID number whether you are a refugee, permanent resident, or South African National.
- Fill in your date of birth.
- Next, fill in your race.
- Add your Whatsapp ph one number and your primary phone number.
- Input your email address if you have one.
- Go over the information you have provided and check for discrepancies. Then click ‘Next’ to move on.
- Follow the system’s prompts for the other details that will be required of you. Only fill in your verifiable information.
- Visit https://auth.sayouth.mobi/Account/Login because Harambee manages the website.
- Type in your ID number or your user name.
- Next, type in your unique password.
- Click ‘Login’ when you’re done.
- If you forget your username or password, click ‘I forgot my username/password. It will take you to the next page.
- You will see three options on how to reset your password. Choose that which suits you best.
- Follow all the system’s prompts till the end. After which, you’ll be able to reset your password.
- Your new password should be a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. It should be difficult for someone else to guess.
Harambee job opportunities are available all year round on the website, and everyone can see them. However, you need to register on the platform to apply for job vacancies. Scroll through the job list, get all the required documents, and apply for the job before the last date. If you apply and are accepted, you will receive an email with the date of your job interview and the location. Do well to check your mail daily so that you do not miss the email. Furthermore, Harambee does not accept applications that come in after the closing date.
Which companies does Harambee work with?
As earlier stated, Harambee youth employment accelerator partners with the government and numerous for-profit and non-profit organizations to achieve their vision of building a society that is powered by young people’s potential. Here is a list of the companies working with Harambee.
- Tshikululu social investments
- CATALYST 2030
- DG MT
- Skills for prosperity
- Tyme Bank
- The Jobs Fund
- Tshepo 1 million
- UBS Optimum Foundation
- British High Commission Pretoria
- Business Leadership South Africa
- First National Bank
- RTI International
- Pick n Pay or Shoprite
- Business Unity South Africa (Busa)
- MasterCard Foundation
- NED BANK
- Ster Kinekor
- LGT Venture Philanthropy
- Standard Bank
- The Presidency Republic of South Africa
- BGR Good Inside
- Tongaat Hulett
- The Claude Leon Foundation
- Gauteng Provincial Governance
- Burger King
- Direct Axis
In conclusion, Harambee Youth Employment Accelerator is changing the face of the job market one employed youth at a time. The increase in the number of employed youths signifies an increase in the economic prowess of youths and better living standards. Furthermore, it helps to boost the country’s annual GDP and bridges the gap between developing and developed countries. Harambee plans to form more sustainable partnerships to birth more permanent employment opportunities for the youths in Africa.
For more inquiries:
South Africa Call: 0800 72 72 72 Email: email@example.com Website: www.harambee.co.za