The University of Johannesburg officially launched in 2005 and now boasts four central campuses in Johannesburg, including one in Soweto. Shortly after being established, UJ became sought after. Therefore, if you plan on attending UJ in 2023, you should be able to know how to track your UJ application status after you apply.
To be able to check your application status, you must first apply. But before you attempt to apply, you must make sure you meet the university’s and faculty’s admission requirements.
How To Track Your UJ Application Status
After registering for a spot at UJ, your next step is to keep track of your UJ application status. Remember that UJ may request that supply additional information on time. If you miss any deadlines, you could have to wait another year to apply. Therefore, you should ensure that you have access to the internet and are able to check your UJ status every two or so weeks.
The university might also update your status for the following:
- Requesting additional documents
- Advising of student interviews
- Requesting that you attend entry tests
You will receive an email from the institution to acknowledge your application. In four weeks, you can check your application status to verify if you have been admitted or not.
To be able to track your application status,
To ensure you supply the university with the necessary information on time, follow the steps laid out below to track your UJ application status.
Step 1: Go To The UJ Website
Start the process by going uj.ac.za.
Step 2: Find The Status Application Page
On the home page, scroll to the tab that reads “Study at UJ,” underneath that tab, click “Check your Status.”
Step 3: Enter Your Information
You will then need to enter either your student number or your ID. Enter a captcha pin and then select the year of your potential enrolment.
Step 4 View Your Application Status
You will now be redirected to a page where you can see your application status.
Required Supported Documents Needed For UJ Application?
You will need the following when applying;
- A personal email address
- A certified copy of ID or passport number
- Certified copy of final results (grade 12)
- Copies of academic records of previous institutions attended must be provided
- Original copy of paid application fee. The amount paid is non-refundable.
- Student number
- English proficiency (foreigners)
What Are The Important Things You Should Take Notice Of?
Applicants must take note of the following when applying;
- Applicants who use the online mode of application will not pay any fee. However, applicants who apply manually for University of Johannesburg UJ admission will pay a non-refundable fee.
- Incomplete information and failure to upload all the required supporting documents will render your application rejected.
- The application must be made early and within the application date fixed, not after the deadline. Applying late may render your application to be rejected.
If you still have questions about your application or need help along the way, contact the University of Johannesburg call centre on 011 559 4555.