Established over 100 years ago in 1981, Stellenbosch University is a school with a carefully cultivated history that precedes it, one that is both rich and inspiring. Nestled within the Boland Mountains in the idyllic town of Stellenbosch, this university is internationally recognised as an institution of academic excellence. As such, it attracts students from near and far, both South African and international. Stellenbosch University has the highest rates of success in all of South Africa, and as such, students should know that they are enrolled at a school with a reputation that has been earned.
Whether you’re applying to – or studying at – Stellenbosch University, you need to access the Stellenbosch University portal commonly referred to as My SUN because of its URL. This portal allows you to access everything related to SU online. The portal is an easy way to track your application, check your student emails, access information and resources about your financing, and apply for student accommodation, among many other things.
If you would like to learn more about Stellenbosch University’s student portal, MySun, and how to access and operate it, continue reading ahead.
We walk you through how to access MySun with this Stellenbosch University students portal login and guide.
How To Create A MySun Profile
To access the MySun portal, you need to have created a university account first.
You can do this by visiting the university’s website at sun.ac.za, selecting your language preference. Once redirected to the official home page, click on “Students” on the tab and then select “Prospective Student.” Once redirected to the Maties portal, click on “Apply” and then select “Apply” you will then be able to sign up for credentials you can use on the Stellenbosch University Students portal.
How To Login To Stellenbosch University Student Portal (MySun)
Once you’ve signed up by providing your details, you will have the necessary login credentials to sign in to the MySun portal. To access the MySun portal, you can click here or click on MySun when visiting the university’s website.
Once you’re on the MySun portal, you will also need to select between undergraduate, postgraduate, and staff.
If you’re a prospective first-year student or a returning undergraduate student, select “Undergraduate,” you will then be redirected to the portal. To sign in, you need to click e-register on the top of the page. You will then need to insert the username and password you used when applying to the university.
You can also navigate through the search options to track your accommodation application, review your student account, etc.
Click on any one of the options you need or use the search bar to accelerate navigating the page.
How To Change Your MySun Password
If you realise you’ve forgotten your password, there’s no need to panic. Creating a new one is easy. However, save your MySun password in a secure location – not a public PC – so you won’t forget it again. However, if you find yourself in a position where you’ve to reset your MySun password, follow the links below to reset it.
Step 1: Download The Citrix Gateway
If you are working remotely, you can only access the password manager by downloading the Citrix Gateway. The Citrix Gateway is a VPN that allows you to access the school’s network securely. Follow the prompts to set up the VPN.
Step 2: Enter the Details on File To Reset
Once you have the VPN installed, go to the MySun portal and click on forgot password. You will need to enter the external email address or phone number you used when signing up for a MySun account, as the school will send you an OTP to confirm that you want to reset your password.
Step 3: Choose a Strong Password
To avoid unauthorised access to your Stellenbosch University student login, be sure to select a strong password that has a good mix of uppercase, lowercase and special characters.
The steps outlined above should help you access your Student University students portal login. But, if you’re still having trouble, consider going to the IT Self Help Portal.
MySun Login and Guide:
Now, you may be wondering, what is MySun? What is it about this student portal that I need to know?
Well, let us tell you. This student portal is something all new and returning students will use and rely on heavily. From your Student Profile to information regarding financial aid and even checking your ongoing or final grades, MySun is something that you will be using every day, all year long.
Before we get into all that MySun allows you to do, let’s go over how to access the portal. If you are a new student at Stellenbosch University, you will be required to make an account. To gain access to MySun and its varying features, follow these quick and easy steps:
- Using a device that can access the internet, go to Stellenbosch University’s official website, www.sun.ac.za
- From their home page, you will see a list of tabs at the very top – select MySun.
- Alternatively, you can access the portal directly from this link: https://midtier.sun.ac.za/html-navbar/home.htmlThe portal has four different menus to choose from, which can be found towards the top of the page – these menus are the Undergraduate menu; Postgraduate menu; Staff menu; and Researcher menu.
- Make sure to choose the one that is applicable to you – in this case, it would be the Undergraduate menu.
- You can now log in using your username and password.
Easy, isn’t it?
Now that we know how to log in let’s go over some key features of the student portal. We’ll also discuss what to do if you are experiencing difficulties with the platform, as well as some important tips.
MySun has it all, really. New and returning students will be using the student portal for the following reasons:
- To register for courses – course selection is a very important part of your studies, of course. MySun allows students to view the course offerings and make selections through the portal and is very easy to use
- To pay your semester fees and other fees – with all of the information in one place, making payments will be stress and hassle-free
- Transcripts – these can also be accessed through MySun without issue.
- Grade results – no more uncertainty or going back and forth through email! Your grades will be uploaded directly to MySun
- Dates – with so many dates to remember throughout the year, it can be more than easy to lose track. However, with MySun, you will be able to see the Academic calendar whenever you wish
- Admissions – for new or transferring students, you will be able to see your admission status here. MySun also lets you view and print your admission letter.
- Extra credit hours – need extra credit? MySun has got you covered! Here, you can apply for extra credit hours by following some easy steps.
- And so much more! Things like bursaries and other financial aid information and opportunities can be found while using MySun, as well as links and resources to medical insurance on campus.
Here’s a quick tip: Navigating the student portal is meant to be easy, but we recommend familiarising yourself with it as soon as possible. Check out the various pages and resources available once you are able to log in, and you will become an expert at using MySun before you know it!
Now, let’s go over how to reset or recover your password if need be:
- From the student portal website, https://midtier.sun.ac.za/html-navbar/home.html, you can select ‘Manage Password’, which is located towards the top of the page.
- After clicking this, you will be given two options: ‘Change current password,’ or ‘Forgot password?’
- Click on the option applicable to you, and then follow the instructions given! It may require you to use the email address associated with your account, so be sure that you have access to this.
Now, for one last tip: Make sure to never save your password to public devices – this includes devices within the University Libraries, computer laboratories, or cafes on campus. Your log-in should be kept private and confidential!
Good luck with using MySun; we trust you will be an expert before you know it!