If you have always nursed the passion for serving in uniform, here is everything that you need to know to actualise your dream. Before you pick up and fill the SA Army application forms, there are some basic requirements that you must be intimated with as stipulated by the South African Defense Intelligence.
So, whether you desire to serve in the SA Air Force, Navy or the army, the processes that are discussed in this article as well as the documents to get and other vital things that you must note will help you a lot.
How can I join SANDF?
Joining the South African army is never automatic; you must prove yourself to be fit and capable of working with them. Once you complete and submit the form, if you are one of the selected candidates for the MSDS programme, there are some processes that you will go through. For instance, in your first year of service, you will undergo medical evaluation in the week of commencement to qualify for the Basic Military and functional training. Also, you will be subjected to other sets of training such as Corp specific training and combat-ready training exercises before the junior leaders are eventually selected.
Then, in the second year of the programme, as a junior leader, you will receive what is known as leader group corps training as well as that of Young Officers Formative training. More so, at this period, officers who would be allowed to study at the Military Academy would be selected. Apart from that, the focus would also be given to the utilisation and deployment of troops that have been produced from the Military Skills Development System (MSDS) programme.
To be able to work with the SA Army, the first thing that you need to do, now that you have known the requirements, is to download the SA Army application form or the SANDF application forms 2020 from the Department of Defence’s official website. This Defence Intelligence application form must be carefully filled with the relevant information, and upon submission, please note that you will have to submit with the following documents:
- A valid means of identification/ID card;
- The authentic and verifiable copy of your grade 12 certificate. On the alternative, you can submit an attestation if you are presently in your 12th grade or you have not received your certificate;
- Your up-to-date Curriculum Vitae;
- The certificate of highest academic qualification which you have obtained so far.
SA Army application forms closing date
Usually, the closing date of the form is in the month of February of each year which means that every time you want to apply, you have to be fast about it. This year, recruits can apply and until February 29. After applying, if you do not receive any information based on your application by October, it means that your application was not successful.
Kindly note that if you are also interested in the South African Navy application forms or you desire to apply for the SA Airforce, you can also download the form of each of them below or from their official websites. And once you have completed the form, note the following addresses also where you can submit the form to depending on which you are applying for:
SANDF Application Forms below:
- SANDF Application Form for SA Army: Military Skills Development System (MSDS)
- SANDF Application Form for SA Air Force (Technical): Military Skills Development System (MSDS)
- SANDF Application Form for SA Air Force (Pilot): Military Skills Development System (MSDS)
- SANDF Application Form for SA Navy: Military Skills Development System (MSDS)
- SANDF Application Form for SA Military Health Service: Military Skills Development System (MSDS)
1. SA Army contact address
The South African Department of Defense,
Directorate Human Resource acquisition,
Private Bag X2381,
2. SA Navy contact address
The Department of Defence,
SA Navy Headquarter (Recruitment Center)
Private Bag X104,
3. SAAF contact address
SA Air Force Headquarters (Directorate of Human Resource Services),
Private Bag X199,