Located in Bloemfontein in the Free State province of South Africa, the Central University of Technology is an institution where many prospective students have their sights set on. Established in 1981 within the heartland, this institution has two campuses – one in Bloemfontein and the other in Welkom. Boasting innovation and high standards of academic excellence, they are a school with a wide variety of offerings, from STEM fields to education, even management sciences and the humanities.
Their vision statement is as follows: “To be a leading African University of Technology, shaping the future through innovation.” Shaping the future is something they have taken very seriously, and they do this with a core set of values and beliefs, one of which is the African philosophical concept of Ubuntu – “I am because you are.” They place a great emphasis on community and believe in shaping tomorrow’s leaders through their education and careful cultivation – which is something you could be a part of one day soon.
If you are considering applying to the Central University of Technology, know that you are applying to an institution that is student and society-oriented. It will give you the knowledge you need to succeed.
To learn how to access the Central University of Technology’s 2022 Prospectus as well as how to track your online application status, continue reading ahead.
Central University of Technology (CUT) Prospectus:
What is a prospectus, and why should you, a prospective student of the Central University of Technology, care about it?
Well, let us tell you!
A prospectus is a be-all, an end-all guide that will answer virtually all of your questions – we know you have a lot of them. Trust us; we’ve all been there. Updated and released every academic year, this guide will contain all the useful information you will need, neatly packaged into one place for ease of access.
The 2022 Prospectus for the Central University of Technology should contain the following information:
- How to submit a successful application – yes, that’s right! No more worrying about if you completed the steps correctly because they will let you know precisely how to do it
- Information regarding the faculties – CUT has four to choose from: the Faculty of Health & Environmental Sciences, the Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of Engineering, Built Environment, & Information Technology (IT), and the Faculty of Management Sciences
- Application opening and closing dates – write them down somewhere, so you don’t forget! We recommend adding the applicable dates to your phone’s calendar
- Information regarding the individual program offerings, as well as course offerings and what they may entail
- Fees! This is a big question for all prospective students, so the 2022 Prospectus will break this down for you
- Accommodations – if you are planning on living on residence or are still unsure, use the information provided within the prospectus to help you decide
And so much more! We’ll let you take a look yourself. Once the 2022 Prospectus for the Central University of Technology is uploaded and released for students to view, you will be able to find it by going to their website, www.cut.ac.za
Let the excitement set it! Soon, you will be able to read all about life at the Central University of Technology, and we hope you will be able to experience it for yourself one day soon.
Now, let’s get into how to track the status of your online application.
How to track Central University of Technology (CUT) application status:
We can imagine how excited you may be to hear back from the Central University of Technology – and how nervous you might be, too. Post-secondary education is a big deal, and we know how waiting to learn the result of your application status can weigh on you. However, things don’t have to be so uncertain. The Central University of Technology has given its prospective students the option to track their online application status, and it couldn’t be easier!
Want to try for yourself? Just follow these quick, easy steps:
- Visit their website, www.cut.ac.zaFrom the home page, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- You will see a list labelled ‘Useful Links’ – select ‘Registration.’
- Now, on the right-hand side of the page, there will be a menu titled ‘More Information.’ At the very top of this list will be a hyperlink that reads ‘Check Application Status.’
- Click on this, and then you will be taken to the portal where you can log in and check your application status.
- There will be a status code, which is explained here: https://www.cut.ac.za/acadappstatus.
And that’s all! They’ve made it very user-friendly and easy to navigate, which will luckily take some of the stress off your shoulders.
Studying at the Central University of Technology requires dedication and hard work, but the faculties and your future professors are more than capable and ready to help you become the student you will need to be in order to succeed both academically and professionally.
Good luck with your applications!