Once you have applied to study at the University of South Africa (UNISA) (read our guide on applying here), you will be given a student number. This 8-digit number will be your student number for the duration of your studies.
This does not necessarily mean that your application was successful, and waiting on communication from the university can take long and be tedious. An easier and quicker way to find your application status is to track your Application Status on UNISA’s website. You can visit their website at www.unisa.ac.za or simply click on this link to jump straight to the Track Application Status page.
The page will prompt you to enter your student number, surname, first name, and birth date. Once you have completed this information, you click on Continue. The portal will navigate to another page that will tell you whether your application is still pending, successful or unsuccessful.
It really is that simple and pain-free. Suppose you struggle with the process or encounter issues with the portal or your student number. In that case, you can visit their FAQs on their website or the nearest campus.
Simple Steps to Check Unisa Application Status
- Visit the application status of UNISA site.
- Enter the student name and id number.
- Type your name and surname in the space given
- Select the DOB as shown on the application
- Then click on the submit button to check the status.
Courses Offered in UNISA
The educational structure of UNISA is designed as an open university for students who appreciate flexible study programs. Students who are working simultaneously also come to these universities. Furthermore, the university also offers relevant short courses providing flexibility in the learning process. The short courses are
- African Political Economy
- Basics of Project Management
- Accounting for School Governance
- International Marketing
- Mathematics Education
- Practical Labor Law
- Biblical Studies for Christian Leaders
- Sport Psychology and many more.
The Application Process
- Register on the official website of UNISA, and if you are qualified, you will be informed by the management department in a short period.
- UNISA will keep you informed about the status of your application. If your application is accepted, it will indicate which degree and qualification they can offer you (semester 1).
- If you are not satisfied with the qualification, you can decline their offer within the period.
- First-time applicants need to fulfil the First-Year Experience (FYE) criteria before being able to accept UNISA’s offer.
- You can apply for one qualification only, but you are allowed to register for several degrees at one time.
Documents Required for the Applications
- Provide a scanned copy of a document that includes your school qualifications and official records, for example, National Senior Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, etc.
- Copy of Identity proof like a passport for international students. For South African citizens, definitive identity proof like citizenship cards is necessary.
- You need to provide the scanned Copies of marriage or divorce certificates.
- All documents should be in English or Afrikaans.