Located in Thohoyandou in the Limpopo province of South Africa, the University of Venda is an institution with much to offer its students. According to the university itself, they are “creating future leaders.” Established in 1982, they have held a high regard for academic excellence and the shaping of its students in order to create a positive impact on the societies of tomorrow.
With a great emphasis on contributing to human resources and developmental needs of the region and South Africa as a whole, the University of Venda is there to make a notable, positive difference, and they continue to implement this in all that they do. As such, they are also an institution that supports and aids its students in their endeavours, with the full belief that they will be the leaders of tomorrow.
If you are a student at the University of Venda, continue reading to learn of how to access and operate their student portal, MyAccess.
UNIVEN MyAccess Student Portal Login and Guide:
Regardless of if you are a new or returning student to the University of Venda, their student portal is something that you will be using virtually daily. MyAccess can be used for a variety of things, but we will get into that later. For now, let’s go over how to find and log in to MyAccess.
To do this, follow these quick and easy steps:
- Visit the University of Venda’s official website, www.univen.ac.za
- From here, select the ‘Student Affairs’ tab, which is located towards the top of the page.
- Clicking on ‘Student Affairs,’ you will see a variety of options – on the right side, there will be a menu of Quick Links.
- At the top of the Quick Links, menu will be ‘Logon to MyAccess’
- Select this option, and you will be able to sign in to the student portal.
- Alternatively, you can follow this link to the MyAccess student portal directly: https://univenien.univen.ac.za/pls/prodi04/w99pkg.mi_login
- There will be several different options to choose from when you open the sign-in page: you will have to select either Student, Personnel, Other, or Alumni.
- Ensure that you have ‘Student’ selected, and then you can log in with your Student Number and PIN.
If you have forgotten your PIN, don’t waste time panicking! Instead, there is an easy option for you – under the login area is an option that reads ‘Forgot PIN.’ Simply select this, and you will be prompted to follow a set of instructions. Please read them carefully and follow along in order to reset your PIN. Similarly, the login page also gives you the options of changing your PIN and requesting a PIN. Choose whichever is applicable to you, and you’ll be on your way to using MyAccess before you know it.
Now, let’s go over the different features of UNIVEN’s MyAccess and what this student portal will allow you to do:
- Access the UNIVEN library – you can see what they have to offer from the comfort of your own home, which will let you get ahead on research whenever you may need it
- Make course selections – viewing and selecting courses for the upcoming semester and school year has never been easier!
- View your final examination grades – we know how eager you must be to see your final grades, and MyAccess lets you do this without hassle.
- View your account balance – MyAccess makes it easy!
- Edit Student Profiles – viewing and updating your information will be a breeze with MyAccess.
- View your academic record – transcripts and grades can be found here, all in one place for ease of access.
- View financial information and receive aid – MyAccess has not only the option to make payments and view your funding, but it also gives you information regarding potential bursaries.
- Read the Academic calendar – no more stressing out about missing important dates! MyAccess lets you see the academic calendar and all the important dates you may need to keep in mind, all in one place. Talk about useful!
- Access UNIVEN Blackboard – Blackboard is the online learning or eLearning site that the University of Venda uses. All you need to do to access Blackboard through MyAccess is enter your username and password.
On top of all this, the University of Venda also gives students a head-start by providing them with access to tips, tricks, tools, and even student-friendly resources through MyAccess. Really, this student portal has it all, and we know that new and returning students will use it for so much. It is very easy to navigate and learn, but we do recommend familiarizing yourself with it as soon as possible to ensure you can take full advantage of it.
If you require more information or aid, the University of Venda is ready to help you. Students can reach out to them by email at email@example.com.
Good luck with your studies!